|Ref: RMDT3||Min Pax 4||Max pax 10||Cost per Person US$60 /ZAR950||Departure Point: Broadacres Shopping Centre|
DAY TOUR OF THE BATTLES OF KALKHEUWEL AND SESMYLSPRUIT (SIX MILE SPRUIT)
Discounted rates for children are available, depending on the number of adult passengers
Please request a special quote if less than 4 guests, or if you have a larger party (up to 40) where large group rates apply
- All entrance fees
- Transport from and return to Copperlake Brewing Company, Broadacres Shopping Centre, cnr Valley & Cedar Rd, Broadacres
- Specialist Battlefield Tourist Guide
- 2 bottles of water per guest
- A picnic lunch can be arranged for your own account
- Picnic or restaurant lunches – these are for your own account.
- Items of a personal nature
- All drinks
- Our route follows Lord Roberts’ advance and the two Battles for Pretoria, which surrendered on 5th June 1900.
- Our first stop is the stream and hollow in front of the Wetlands Restaurant in Broederstroom where General French’s 4 500 horsemen were pinned down in ambush by only 160 Boer Commandos. The story of the battle evolves from there.
- We then move to the Rebecca Street Cemetery in Pretoria West to pay our respects to one of the greatest South African Generals of all time: Louis Botha, who orchestrated both battles and playing Lord Roberts for the fool!
- After passing the British 19th Brigade crossing point on the Hennops River, we explore the area where Colonel de Lisle broke through the Boer defences and outflanked the Boer’s 21-kilometre front.
- Our final stop is for lunch at The Royal Elephant Hotel where we take a short walk down the lawns to the drift where the main British Army crossed.
Note on required fitness level: There are small distance to walk on level ground at each stop.
Contact Us for more information about this tour.Please note that tours can also be arranged to suit your particular interests and needs. There are over 30 Anglo-Boer War Battlefields which can be visited in the Witwatersberg and Magaliesberg.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Payment in advance. 50% refund if the tour is cancelled.
- A 5% discount applies for individuals for day tours, from day tour 3 onwards.
- Indemnity form to be filled in and signed.
- Venues may have to be changed without notice if local conditions are unfavourable at the time.
- Dress must be suitable for the outdoors: wear walking shoes and hats and apply sun block cream.
HOW TO BOOK OR DESIGN A CUSTOMISED TOUR
For Bookings, Enquiries, Trip Planning and Customised Tours contact Rob at email@example.com