|Ref: RMDT4||Min Pax 4||Max pax 10||Cost per Person US$70 /ZAR1,100||Departure Point: Broadacres Shopping Centre|
DAY TOUR OF THE BATTLE OF DWARSVLEI
Discounted rates for children are available, depending on the number of adult passengers
Please request a special quote if less than 4 guests, or if you have a larger party (up to 40) where large group rates apply
- All entrance fees
- Transport from and return to Copperlake Brewing Company, Broadacres Shopping Centre, cnr Valley & Cedar Rd, Broadacres
- Specialist Battlefield Tourist Guide
- 2 bottles of water per guest
- A picnic lunch can be arranged for your own account
- Picnic or restaurant lunches – these are for your own account.
- Items of a personal nature
- All drinks
- We arrive at the Mount Savannah Game Reserve for the combined Battlefield and Game Drive on the special vehicle.
- We follow the route of General Smith-Dorrien’s column of 1 450 men and two guns of the 78th Battery, Royal Field Artillery.
- We re-live the Boer ambush from the west and the attack on the British baggage by Commandant Liebenberg, before enjoying our breakfast on the summit of “Spion Kop” where the Boers kept their spies and heliograph.
- After leaving Mount Savannah we cross to the western side of the Battlefield where the Victoria Crosses were won.
- After enjoying a late lunch and craft beers at The Bru House & Diner we head home to the Copperlake Brewery.
Note on required fitness level: There are small distances to walk to see the highlight of the Battlefield, or remain on the game drive vehicle if comfortable.
Contact Us for more information about this tour.Please note that tours can also be arranged to suit your particular interests and needs. There are over 30 Anglo-Boer War Battlefields which can be visited in the Witwatersberg and Magaliesberg.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Payment in advance. 50% refund if the tour is cancelled.
- A 5% discount applies for individuals for day tours, from day tour 3 onwards.
- Indemnity form to be filled in and signed.
- Venues may have to be changed without notice if local conditions are unfavourable at the time.
- Dress must be suitable for the outdoors: wear walking shoes and hats and apply sun block cream.
HOW TO BOOK OR DESIGN A CUSTOMISED TOUR
For Bookings, Enquiries, Trip Planning and Customised Tours contact Rob at email@example.com