The British Cavalry in Crisis: from the Wetlands to the Nek
|Min Pax: 4
|Max Pax: 10
|Cost per Person: US$50 /ZAR750
|Departure Point: Broadacres Shopping Centre
Discounted rates for children are available, depending on the number of adult passengers
Please request a special quote if less than 4 guests, or if you have a larger party (up to 40) where large group rates apply
- All entrance fees
- Transport from and return to Copperlake Brewing Company, Broadacres Shopping Centre, cnr Valley & Cedar Rd, Broadacres
- Specialist Battlefield Tourist Guide
- 2 bottles of water per guest
- A picnic lunch can be arranged for your own account
- Picnic or restaurant lunches – these are for your own account.
- Items of a personal nature
- All drinks
- Our route retraces the British Cavalry and Mounted Infantry in during the first Battle for Pretoria on 3rd June 1900.
- Go over the epicentre of the battlefield next to the Wetlands Restaurant.
- Stop at the British Rietfontein West base and cemetery – the later Headquarters of General Baden-Powell.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch under the trees next to a swimming pool on the Silkaatsnek Battlefield.
Note on required fitness level: Guests are given the choice of minimal walking or more extensive walking and exploration of the battlefield
Contact us for more information about this tour. Please note that tours can also be arranged to suit your particular interests and needs. There are over 30 Anglo-Boer War Battlefields which can be visited in the Witwatersberg and Magaliesberg.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Payment in advance. 50% refund if the tour is cancelled.
- A 5% discount applies for individuals for day tours, from day tour 3 onwards.
- Indemnity form to be filled in and signed.
- Venues may have to be changed without notice if local conditions are unfavourable at the time.
- Dress must be suitable for the outdoors: wear walking shoes and hats and apply sun block cream.
HOW TO BOOK OR DESIGN A CUSTOMISED TOUR
For Bookings, Enquiries, Trip Planning and Customised Tours contact Rob at email@example.com