DAY TOUR OF THE BATTLE OF DIAMOND HILL
Diamond Hill and the uncrowned King
Discounted rates for children are available, depending on the number of adult passengers
Please request a special quote if less than 4 guests, or if you have a larger party (up to 40) where large group rates apply
- All entrance fees
- Transport from and return to Copperlake Brewing Company, Broadacres Shopping Centre, cnr Valley & Cedar Rd, Broadacres
- Specialist Battlefield Tourist Guide
- 2 bottles of water per guest
- A picnic lunch can be arranged for your own account
- Picnic or restaurant lunches – these are for your own account.
- Items of a personal nature
- All drinks
- Our first visit is to the Sammy Marks Museum near Donkerhoek to hear about the involvement of Sammy Marks and General Botha in duping Lord Roberts.
- We then proceed to the British Military Cemetery at Diamond Hill and hear the moving story of how the Earl of Airlie fell in battle at the head of his Regiment – the 12th Lancers.
- After climbing the ridge above the cemetery, we will arrive at the Memorial to the Boer dead.
- On the summit we have a sweeping view of the whole Battlefield where we re-live how the Battle evolved over the two days from 11th to 12th June 1900.
- Feel free to join your tourist guide on a long walk southwards along the summit to view various Boer fortifications and gun positions, or return to the Boma for your picnic lunch.
- On the way home we round off our tour by stopping at the Rebecca Street Cemetery to pay respects to General Botha and Sammy Marks.
Note on required fitness level: There are small distances to walk at the Museum and two cemeteries. You don’t have to climb to the summit of the ridge and explore the fortifications if you would rather have a leisurely picnic lunch in the Boma. Please bring a cushion or folding chair to sit more comfortably on the stone benches in the Boma.
Contact Us for more information about this tour. Please note that tours can also be arranged to suit your particular interests and needs. There are over 30 Anglo-Boer War Battlefields which can be visited in the Witwatersberg and Magaliesberg.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Payment in advance. 50% refund if the tour is cancelled.
- A 5% discount applies for individuals for day tours, from day tour 3 onwards.
- Indemnity form to be filled in and signed.
- Venues may have to be changed without notice if local conditions are unfavourable at the time.
- Dress must be suitable for the outdoors: wear walking shoes and hats and apply sun block cream.
HOW TO BOOK OR DESIGN A CUSTOMISED TOUR
For Bookings, Enquiries, Trip Planning and Customised Tours contact Rob at email@example.com